Monday, December 1, 2014

Pigging out at Dads Ultimate Buffet


Dads Ultimate Buffet is actually the crossover of three famous restaurants of the 70's, 80's and 90's those are Kamayan, Saisaki and Dads owned by the Triple V corporation. It was renamed to satisfy the new generation customers.

Lechon
Kamayan's Lechon
Kamayan is an iconic Filipino cuisine restaurant where you can taste a lot of delicious dishes that can be found from different parts of the Philippines like Laing from Bicol, Lechon from La loma or Cebu, or a Caldereta cooked from home and many more. I remember it well when I was a kid they used to have a prepared hot towel for the customers who wants to eat using their hands. I'm not sure if the customers can still ask for it, but from my recent visit, they don't have hot towels, maybe because it is  already a crossover, what was retained from them is their group of singers and musicians where you can also request them to sing your favorite song in front of your table while you're eating.

Kamayan's Pritson and Crispy Pata
Kamayan's Crispy Pata and Pritson
Kamayan's Yamang Dagat and Pancit
Saisaki is a Japanese restaurant where you can eat famous Japanese specialty dishes such as sukiyaki, ramen, katsu, tempura and also sushi.
Saisaki Sushi Rolls
Sushi and Sashimi Station
Sushi Rolls
Dads was opened in the early 90's, I also remember my grade school classmate told me it was a "pang-mayaman" restaurant because during 90's it was one of the famous buffet restaurants in Megamall that serves steak.  


U.S Roast Turkey
U.S Roast Turkey
U.S Roast Beef
Dim sum Station
Dim sum Station
So what to eat at Dads? Here are some of my recommendation:

Try the U.S. Roast Beef, U.S. Roast Turkey, New Zealand Roast Leg of Lamb and Dads Ham they are the dishes that belong to carving station. I think these are the highlights of the restaurant. For Chinese cuisine,  I love to eat Siomai! Of course, who doesn't love to eat siomai or any kind of dumplings? Next is Chicken Feet some may not like chicken feet, but I find it savory that is why it is one of my favorite dish, they also have Pork Spare Ribs and Pata Tim which I guess you would like to try.

Indonesian Cuisine is also a must try they have Chicken Sate, Pork Sate, Beef Sate; A Sate or satay is a sliced meats that were skewered and grilled like a BBQ though it is more spicy when you tasted it. Also try Beef Rendang it is good, but spicy.

Their rendition of Mexican Chicken Quesadillas may be simple and ordinary, but I love its taste 

From Kamayan's corner, I'd like to recommend Lechon de Leche, Crispy Pata and Kamayan Pritson. Well, I am not really a fanatic of lechon, pritson, but these were the kinds of food that were just occasionally served at home right? So why waste an opportunity to eat those? 

For Saisaki I usually enjoy eating Sushi, Sashimi and Ebi Tempura which I like the most
     
    
     

  

Why you should eat at Dad's Ultimate Buffet?
  • It has a laid back ambiance that is also ideal for big family gatherings; Filipino families always like to eat while chatting or discussing and what is more enjoyable is being also entertained by the singers here that brings positive vibes to their bonding. 
  • If you don't want international cuisines there are a lot of yummy Filipino dishes; Unlike other cuisines, they will always showcase the international cuisines but here a lot of Filipino dishes are also being served. 

Buffet Price:

Restaurant Branches:

Dads Ultimate Buffet 
4/F Bridgeway, EDSA cor. Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Dads Ultimate Buffet 
2nd floor, Glorietta 3, Ayala Center
Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Dads Ultimate Buffet 
West Avenue
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Dads Ultimate Buffet 
2/F Alabang Town Center, Alabang-Zapote Road
Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Dads Ultimate Buffet 
Merchant Bldg. 523 Padre Faura St. (near cor. Adriatico St.), Ermita
Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines

Dads Ultimate Buffet 
3rd flr, SM Megamall
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines

For more details click here

7 comments:

  1. roast beef and roast turkey ftw!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the roast turkey is the real deal :) ang sarap with their gravy :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, i like the concept of your blog and I look forward to reading more from you so i followed you on google friend connect. hope you follow me toosowwe can interact. :)

    XO,
    http://www.missposion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the old Kamayan, where my family would celebrate special Sundays when we were kids...Dad's too. Will head to Dad's one of this days, thanks for the reminisce:)

    Followed you too, hope you can follow me back, I'm hoping to invite you in one of my events one of this days, do shoot me an email if that's possible:)

    Joy of www.gastronomybyjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks nice. I think you really had a good time. And all of their foods looks delicious and mouth watering especially their Roast turkey, oh, and also their gravy. A perfect combination. :)
    Anyway, you should also try visiting the hotel buffet in Manila. You'll taste the wonderful flavors of the world, one scrumptious platter at a time. I'm sure you'll
    love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The U.S Roast Beef and U.S roast Turkey looks good! will try it soon! Thanks for sharing, for catering, you can add this catering services in Muntinlupa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must-Visit one of the best Indian Food restaurant in Chingford . The decor is quirky and inviting and we immediately felt comfortable. I love that the menu is quite small and uncomplicated.

    ReplyDelete