Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dinner with officemates at Kanto Freestyle Breakfast

As a typical Filipino we always look for a 24-hour open restaurants or eatery like the Lugawan, Tapsilugan and Sizzling but who would have thought that there is this kind of eatery in the metro that offers a cheap breakfast meal but has high sophistication when it comes to food plating. I actually saw it on TV while watching Rated K where they have been featured as an eatery that serves Filipino and American breakfast at a very cheap price! Yes very cheap like you can eat there even if you only have a hundred pesos in your wallet that is why it became one of the place that I wished I could dine at. 
So yesterday I became very vocal with my office mates about what are some restaurants that I want to try in Kapitolyo and I also included Kanto Freestyle Breakfast then luckily my supervisor knows the place and even suggested that we should dine there sometime but since I couldn't wait and I was very excited to try it, I asked some of my office mates if they want to eat there! haha and I became victorious on pursuing them.. We had our dinner there last night!

Food: Their house specialty is actually were New Zealand Beef Tapa, Vigan Longannisa and pancakes but sadly the tapa and longganisa was not available because it was sold out already. Truly their foods were really yummy and affordable and I want to come back here to try another set of foods. 

So here are some of the foods I tried:

Spanish Sardines Tempura
Spanish Sardines Tempura PHP 95

Spanish Sardines Tempura is very appetizing and will make you order for another plate of rice. This meal is kinda spicy but the tempura batter moderates the spiciness of the spanish sardines. They also served pesto sauce as a dip but I didn't try it.

Pampanga Tocino
Pampanga Tocino PHP 95
The tocino is too sweet that is perfect match with spicy vinegar with lots of garlic.

Deep Fried Oreos
Deep Fried Oreos PHP 60
I am not a sweet tooth but I love this Deep Fried Oreos it tastes like a soft choco vanilla wafer but of course it's made of batter and oreo so you'll taste the oreo.

Scramble
Scramble PHP 40
You'll get addicted with this! It tastes like a dirty ice scramble sold on streets but it was serve in a mason jar.

Ambiance: The place has a laid back atmosphere and maybe that is why I a lot of yuppies were patronizing it. Just from the ambiance you will know that this place serves a cheap but good food.   

Staffs: They were friendly and patient to wait the customer's order but be careful and double check your bill they might miscalculate it due to their workloads but don't worry it is not intentional,


Kanto Freestyle Breakfast Branches:

549 San Joaquin Street, Plainview, Mandaluyong City

1st Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City


Kanto Freestyle Breakfast Kapitolyo Interiors
Kanto Freestyle Breakfast Bar.Kanto Freestyle Breakfast Kapitolyo

Note: Kanto Freestyle Breakfast service charge is 10% of your total bill.

2 comments:

  1. I've also been there a few weeks before with officemates. The scramble brings back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does. I'll definitely go back in Kanto to taste their Tapa. :)

      Delete